Fix It First and Save
WHAT TO DO before you call for service
* Small Leaks: Call 925-680-4343 and schedule a technician to service your solar.
* Large Leak: Turn off pool circulation, wait 30 mins, Turn off
solar, Close solar isolation
valves, Turn pool circulation back on,
Call for service. Inform
Sun Marshall of steps taken.
* Verify that the Solar Isolation Valves (refer to Solar Pool Heating Diagram) are open.
* Verify solar is set to AUTO and the TEMP CONTROL is turned up. If
solar has an AUTO and ON option, ON will keep solar on rain or shine.
* Some Pools have Control Centers, which have solar in them. Consult Pool Control
Manual about how to manage the solar
* Verify that No
warning lights or Indicators are
* Verify that the Filter Pressure increases (cartridge filters 7-11 psi) when solar is
turned on, if no solar boost pump is present, otherwise Verify Boost Pump is On.
* Verify the Valve Actuator is not in
the OFF position on the
rear of valve cover. To set Actuator to correct setting call
Sun Marshall and we will talk you through it.
* Pool Water Features, like waterfalls and fountains, cool down pool water. They
should be used on a limited basis
when trying to gain solar heat.
* Check the pool Temp reading in the morning and the afternoon when the solar turns off. A solar gain
should be experienced, based on the time of the year.
* Verify all debris
baskets & filters are clean and
the pool is at the proper level.
If all the above
check out OK, then note all settings, status and reading above and call:
Equipment Problems and Air Bubbles:
* If problems don’t change in any way when the solar is turned on or
off, it is unlikely related to the solar. If we are called out to check a problem
and it is not solar related, a standard service rate will be charged, even if no
work is actually performed.
* Air Bubbles: If air bubbles are constant, but do not
go away when the solar is off, the same applies as it does to Pool Equipment
*If Issues change
based on the ON or OFF setting of the solar, it is more probable that it is the solar. If it is found to be a solar related problem,
installation and manufactures warranties MAY apply. Check
website for current pricing.